Viet Huong Restaurant

1:22 PM
Viet Huong Restaurant
10727 Garvey Ave
El Monte, CA 91733

The weather in Southern California still hasn't given us a break! The weather has been in the upper 90's this past week, which I guess is much better than the three digit "100's" the week before. I should take what I can get. The boyfriend and I got into an accident a week ago, le sigh. However, on the bright side I found a delicious Vietnamese place by his auto body shop!

After 4 hours of being at the body shop and also Enterprise...trying to obtain a rental car...I was starving! (Geeze insurance companies can be a major pain) Wanting something fast and comforting after our grueling ordeal, I wanted some Asian comfort food and what is better than pho? Not much.

We stopped in at Viet Huong, the parking lot is a little tight -- probably better to park on the street - only one way in and one way out. We were greeted by friendly faces and seated promptly.

Cha Gio (Crispy Spring Rolls)


I am always on the hunt for these types of "egg rolls"! They are made with spring roll wrappers made out of rice instead of the more commonly used - egg wrappers. These were a delight, super crisp on the outside; hot and juicy on the inside. It comes with a side of lettuce and dipping sauce (Nuoc Cham). Must order! 


Pho Dac Biet - aka, No. 2 small 
This bowl came with rare beef (so yum!) well done brisket, flank steak, tendon, and tripe. My favorite part of this dish was the rare beef - it was so tender! You know it's good beef when it outshines the brisket and tendon! The broth was clean and flavorful - you can taste the full beef flavor - definitely some delicious stewed beef bones in this broth! Yum. Only complaint, the broth did not come out pipping hot. However, I am a firm lover of all things scorching hot or ice cold. 

If you are somehow in El Monte, this place is a must try! I would say confidently that this place would compete equally with places in Westminster - Vietnamese town. We'll definitely be stopping by again in the next couple of weeks!  

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.