Pork stir-fry w/tomatoes and onions - Hmong style


As I was walking through the grocery store... I saw that on-the-vine tomatoes were on sale. SCORE! Oh the small joys in life. I knew I had some ground pork in the fridge that needed to be used so my first thought was that of one of my favorite childhood dishes. Pork and tomatoes! However, I have never actually made this dish in my life! But that doesn't scare me from trying to make it.

Pork stir-fry w/tomatoes and onions - Hmong style

Ingredients 
1/2lb of ground pork or you can substitute sliced pork lion
2 ripe tomatoes - I used on-the-vine tomatoes 
1/2 of a medium onion - sliced 
2 green onion stalks - 2 inch slices on a diagonal 
2 garlic cloves - minced 
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of oyster sauce 
Whole Thai chilies (purely optional) 

First you'll want to slice the tomatoes in halves and then cut the halves into 1 inch thick slices. Seeds and all! You want their lovely juices. Oh yeah. :) Next, slice the 1/2 onion into slices, 1/4 of an inch thick. Cut green onions and mince the garlic. Now put a tablespoon of oil in a pan and cook the garlic and onions. When the onions and garlic have caramelized a little (approx two minutes) add all the tomatoes. Save the green onions for later. Cook everything for another two minutes and remove all ingredients from the pan. 

Finally, in the same pan, drop in the ground pork. Cook throughly. Pink pork is no beuno! Once the pork is cook throughly add in the vegetables that you already pre-cooked. Mix up well. Add in the soy sauce, oyster sauce and green onions. (Some black pepper too!) If you wanted to add the Thai chilies, add them at the very end with the green onions. 

Serve hot with rice. 

Enjoy!
Kathy
XX


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe of Pork Stir Fry with tomatoes and onions. I love this one and I think my kids will like it too so I will definitely cook this one later. Keep on sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.