Lucky Noodle King

11:57 PM

Lucky Noodle King
534 E. Valley Blvd
San Gabriel, CA 91776
http://www.luckynoodleking.com/

Even though there was a major heat wave in Southern California this past weekend (100+) I couldn't get over my craving of good Sichuan food! I am a total sucker for anything spicy and I was willing to fight through the pain and sweat to satisfy my taste-buds. Lucky Noodle King is so far my favorite place for Sichuan food (I've been there 3 times in the past 3 weeks!) besides my Sichuanese boyfriend's mother's (whew! long description) delicious home cooking. -- I hope you were able to follow me there. -- 

We were delightfully excited when we walked in and there was AC! Whew! This place is relatively tiny and the parking lot is horrible, however, the one lady who serves the entire place is attentive and on point. Food came out quickly, good thing for hungry patrons. Also, it probably helped that my party had someone who spoke the language. 


Wontons in hot chili oil 



We've ordered this each time we've been to this place. The wontons are fresh and come out piping hot. I love wontons in chili oil and I find that this place does them well. No frills about this dish, just delicious. 

Dan Dan Mein 

This is my FAVORITE dish! Disclaimer: I'm not a big dan dan mein fan - I usually find them with too much peanut butter or peanut flavor. This dish is perfection. The fresh noodles that still have a bite to them. The sauce is the perfect ratio of sesame oil, peanut flavor and spice. It's so good, we order 2 for our party of 3. 

Twice cooked pork

This is the bf's favorite dish and he orders it every time he sees it on a menu. This twice cooked pork is definitely in my top 3 best versions. This dish is definitely spicy - chili oil and peppercorns - but it's so worth the tingles on your tongue. The black bean sauce is very apparent (in a good way) and the pork belly is cooked to perception, it just soaks up every ounce of sauce surrounding it. Yum!

This place will definitely be on my list of top returning places in San Gabriel. If you are looking for something spicy you should definitely check this place out! 







No comments:

Powered by Blogger.