Stuffed Peppers - Asian (Hmong) Style

This is a adapted recipe from my dear friend Sunshine. I saw a picture on her page and I knew I just had to make this recipe! My recipe is slightly different from hers because you know, everyone has different taste... and I hardly have every single ingredient... so I improvise! I will use that word a lot on this blog.

This dish is easy... I made it taste great... even on my very first try!

Stuffed Bell Peppers - Asian Style




Ingredients: (for 2 people) 
2 Bell peppers - one red and green for a pop of color
3/4lb of ground beef
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1/2 a medium onion -minced
2 stalks of green onion - minced
2 cloves of garlic - minced well
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1 whole egg
1/4 of cup of chicken stock - keeps meat moist

First you'll need to cut the top of the bell pepper and stick them into some boiling water for about 3 minutes. The peppers should still be firm to the touch since they will finish cooking in the oven with the ground beef.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

While the peppers are boiling away please combine the rest of the ingredients in a bowl. I like to take one extra step by cooking a quarter sized piece of the mixture and then season again to taste - add more soy sauce if you need more salt. Wouldn't it be so sad if your mixture came out bland? Yes, it would. :)

Once the peppers are pepper dente (like al-dente pasta...I just made that up!) remove them from the water and place them into a baking dish. I pour a little of the water into the baking dish so that it covers the bottom quarter of the bell peppers. Now stuff the bell peppers to the rim! I used a spoon to make sure I could squeeze a lot of the mixture into the bell pepper.

Now bake for 30-40 minutes or until meat is fully cooked - use a thermometer (cook's essential tool).

Serve with a side of white rice and steam vegetables - whichever you like.... broccoli, mushrooms, carrots. Steamed veggies (minimal salt needed) will compliment the savory stuffed pepper.

Enjoy!
Kathy
XX


1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.