Szechuan Place - Agoura Hills

Szechuan Place
5639 Kanan Rd
Agoura Hills, CA 91301
818.597.8888

If you've been reading this blog lately you know I'm on this Szechuan kick! My birthday was this past weekend and my SO and a couple of awesome friends made the journey to Malibu. We stayed in Agoura Hills because --- it's cheaper. :) Well, last year we saw Szechuan Place but for some reason, they were not open. One year later we are back in the same place and they were open so decided to give them a shot.

The place is tiny! Party of 7 of us and we were sat separately but this was not due to the service. If you know Asian people, we sometimes are not the kindest or most considerate. These two girls went into the restaurant just sat down at the table even though it was being saved for us. Rude. Oh well. Life goes on. Our server was so sweet and apologetic.

My girlfriends and I ordered three dishes - one is not picture - we didn't even touch it - not because it wasn't delicious - the other two dishes were amazing!

Wontons in hot Chili Oil (5.95)


Wontons came out piping hot and full of that hot chili oil. The chili oil was so delicious, I was pouring it over my rice and eating just those two items together. There were plenty of wontons for the price! For 3 of us, we almost couldn't finish this bowl, definitely 10+ wontons. I definitely recommend this dish if you like spicy homemade wontons!


 
Chicken Stir-Fried with Garlic Sauce (11.95)

This dish was the highlight of the meal! The chicken was so tender and moist - almost the consistency of fish! It was truly melt in your mouth. However, the dish is not that spicy so if you are looking for that particular spice you get from Szechuan food, you may not want to order this dish. I definitely recommend this dish however if you just like delicious food! I loved the added celery for an extra crunch to the dish. Garlic was present but not overpowering. This is a dish I'll reorder time and time again... but maybe only at this place! 

The SO and his table order the Fried Peppercorn Chicken dish - this dish was really well made here. Bonus was there were PLENTY of chicken pieces. Some other Szechuan places ratio of peppers to chicken is 20:1 this place is more like 10:1. So definitely worth the price. 

I recommend this place if you are in the area. However, I'm still partial to Lucky Noodle King.

XX
Kathy

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.