Chicken Larb - Low Carb

Summer is here and I am definitely not in "bikini" shape! I have been traveling and enjoying eating everything that I lay my eyes on, which is EVERYTHING! So now that I am home for a few days I wanted to make something healthy and light. It is also 100 degrees where I live so this dish is tasty when cooled or room temp. I hope you enjoy this recipe. Of course, you can substitute the meat for ground pork, ground chicken, or use dark meat chicken. Up to you!

Ingredients:
1 lb of chicken breast
3 limes
1/2 larb seasoning packet 
1 cup of cilantro - diced
1 cup of green onion - diced
1/2 cup of ginger - minced
1/2 cup of mint
1/4 cup of lemongrass - 1 stalk - I used a food processor to finely chop this
1 tsp of fish sauce
Thai chilies to taste

Optional:
Romaine lettuce
Rice - Don't do it! :)


YUM! Fresh Ingredients -from the top: limes, minced lemongrass, mint, ginger, green onion, cilantro and then lastly, thai chili peppers! Most time consuming part is prepping! 

First step is to boil the chicken! I cut the chicken breast in half for quicker cooking time. Then I mince it with my handy dandy cleaver. Do not mess with Hmong girls because know how to use these things. :) While that's cooking is when I prep the veggies - then you wait! 

Then mix all the remaining ingredients in a big bowl - salt and pepper to taste - and add more lime to taste. I actually added four limes total but I LOVE sour dishes! 

Garnish with an extra lime wedge, a few more chilies, and some lettuce! TA DA! Magic! A healthy but so deliciously refreshing dish. I did not miss the rice at all. Enjoy!! 

Thanks for reading! 
XX
Kathy



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.