Chicken Chow Mein

Takeout at home with less calories and less fat BUT GREAT tasting! WIN! I love to win. I love winning even at things that are not usually competitive. Makes life fun and exciting. This dish is easily adaptable to your favorite meats and vegetables. I love to eat noodles but I cannot afford to eat out every day (waist and wallet). I know, my poor sob story. :) Here is a simple "takeout" recipe at home. 

Ingredients: (for 2)
1/2 lb Chicken thighs 1/2 inch pieces (or your choice of meat)
Noodles (I used spaghetti) cook according to their directions 
1 cup of fresh green beans - fresh for the crunch 
1 cup of mushrooms 
1/4 cup of slice ginger 
3 cloves of minced garlic 
1/2 teaspoon of white pepper (yummm) 

2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 teaspoons of Chinese cooking wine
1 teaspoon of sugar 
1 tablespoon of oyster sauce 
(I mix all these together and taste before adding to my dish, adjust to your taste!) 

Optional: 
Thai chili peppers 
I CAN'T WAIT! 

Stir fry your aromatics for 2-3 minutes in a "wok" type pan. Garlic, ginger and thai chili peppers. 
Add in your meat. Cook thoroughly.
Add in your green beans and cook until fork tender. 3-5 minutes. You can cover for faster cook time.
Add your mushrooms and sauce. Satay until everything is cooked. 3-4 minutes.
Add in your cooked noodles, stir fry until everything is coated in the delicious sauce. 1-2 minutes. Make sure everything is nice and evenly coated. You can add in your white pepper now or just regular salt to taste. 
Finished! 

Enjoy!
XX
Kathy

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.