Stripped Bass Soup with tomatoes and lime

This winter has been a colder one in So-Cal. I have been wearing a coat, scarves and gloves. However, people still say that Californians do not know what real cold is. Pretty crazy to us! However, I am enjoying it as summer in California seems to last all year. It may seem appealing but trust me, you long for a gloomy day once in a while. Anyways, I hope that your holidays are filled with love and lots of good eats! This recipe is so simple, I feel like that's my trend, I like to make simple but really comforting dishes. One pot recipe!

Ingredients: (for 2)
1 lb stripped bass - I used a whole fish including the head. :)
2 cups of cherry tomatoes - whole
1/2 an onion - julienne
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 stalk of lemon grass
2 cups of cilantro - diced
2 tbsp of fish sauce

Optional: 
Thai chili peppers - whole

LOOKS DELICIOUS! 


First, heat a pot with 3-4 cups of water, bring to boil. Add in the stripped bass (or any white fish), fish sauce, tomatoes, lime juice, onion, lemon grass and chilies (if you are adding). Everything but the cilantro - add this at the end. Cook until the fish is tender, around 10 minutes. (for extra flavor, I add in a tsp of chicken bullion)

Adjust fish sauce and lime to taste. Add salt. Take off the heat and then add in your cilantro to finish off the soup. Its ready to be served with a side of steamed white rice. & some more cilantro pepper

Healthy and hearty! 

Enjoy!
XX
Kathy

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.