Asian Style Baked Ribs

California has definitely been feeling little El Nino this year. We had a colder winter (yay) and definitely been getting some rain (double yay). The rain is also crazier than before, the sun is shining but its pouring out. Its pretty magical to see. With all this rain, our local mountains are also filled with snow this year! I cannot wait to go boarding next week in Mammoth. Well, lets get to the recipe! Ribs! I went home during Thanksgiving and my aunt made these delicious ribs. I was craving them so I decided to make my own rendition. They turned out really delicious and of course, super easy to make.

oh la la...

Ingredients: 
1lb of ribs
2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon of honey
1 tablespoon of Chinese cooking wine
1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
1 tablespoon of minced ginger
4 cloves of minced garlic
1 teaspoon of Chinese five spice powder

Garnish:
Green onion


This dish is best if you have the time to marinate the ribs. I suggest at least 1 hour, up to 24 hours. I waited 24 hours for mine. In a bowl, mix together the all the ingredients together, and marinate in the fridge for the amount of time you have.
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Fill a 12" inch cake pan with 1/2" of water and then place a grated tray on top of the cake pan. Then finally place the ribs on the grated tray, separated enough so none of them are touching.
Cook for 45 minutes, turning every 15 minutes. I like mine cooked well, I don't like soggy ribs. :) 

Enjoy!
XX
Kathy

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.