Light Thai Mango Salad

Where has the time gone?! I feel like its been a year since my last post. I have been busy enjoying my last few months of young-ness before I become an old-mess. HA! Just kidding. I am really just taking the time to enjoy every aspect of my life from trying new hobbies to taking time to really relax and soul search. On to this recipe, in Fresno, California there is this amazing mango salad dish. Since I don't live in Fresno, not even close enough to have it transported down, my only option is to make it myself! Its the perfect balance of sweet and savory, a lot of my favorite Asian dishes have this flavor combination.

Ingredients: 
3 ripe but firm mangoes - sliced
1/4 cup of red onion - julienned
1/2 cup of carrots - shredded
1 cucumber - sliced
1/4 cup of roasted peanuts
1 cup of cilantro - minced
Optional: chicken breast 

Dressing: 
2 limes - 2 tablespoons
1-2 tablespoon of fish sauce
1 teaspoon of rice vinegar


What a colorful display! The hardest part is chopping up the ingredients! Mix all the ingredients together than then in a separate bowl make the dressing to your liking. I juiced all the limes into a bowl, stirred in one tablespoon of fish sauce at a time to taste and then rice vinegar to taste, one portion at a time. You can dilute with water, add in more lime juice, or sugar. It really is about how you like your salad dressing. I like mine sour but definitely keeping the fish sauce as the star.  

Aerial view. 


Enjoying this dish outside in my backyard. I ate the whole thing and then I realized I forgot the peanuts! :) You can also add chicken if you want some protein but this time I wanted to keep it meatless. 

I hope you enjoy this recipe!
XX
Kathy

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.