Golden China Restaurant

Golden China Restaurant
1015 Nogales St, Ste 129
Rowland Heights, CA 91748
(located in 99 Ranch)

After being in Indianapolis, Indiana for a week I was in dire need for some Asian food. RICE was all my mind was saying on my last day in Indi. I loved Indianapolis for it's picturous views of green that goes on for miles and blue skies that were perfection. However, living in CA, I am accustomed to having many different types of cuisines within a couple miles of my house! Therefore, first stop was ASIAN FOOD!

Golden China is ideal if you do not want to wait 1hr+ on a Friday night or spend more than 10 dollars a person. This is a cash only establishment and it's located inside the 99 Ranch Market off of Nogales.

Green Onion Pancake (2.95)


You must order the green onion pancakes here! They come out pipping hot, crispy but not oily. You can taste the green onion flavor instead of the flour batter, unlike some other places! One of the best! Remember to ask for chili oil if you want to spice it up.

Xiao Long Bao (5.95)

Yes, I know. Din Tai Fung XLB's are world renown. After a 2 hour wait, they are not as delicious in my eyes! :) The ones here at Golden China are plump and juicy. Fill in the obvious joke! The skins are a little thicker than Din Tai Fung but just as or even more delicious. Be careful because they are extra hot when they come out. I could eat a whole set by myself. 

Beef Noodle Soup w/ Knife Cut Noodles (5.95)

This is the star of the night! I love the texture of their hand cut noodles. I love that they have more of a chew then regular noodles. The meat is tender but I only wish there were more pieces! I believe we got like 3 pieces - I took it at an angle where it looks like we have many more! :) I love the pickled vegetable that they place on top - you can ask for more - I just point since I do not speak Mandarin. The broth is savory but not so rich and not oily. Must try! 

All this - plus spicy wontons - for 20 dollars! WINNER! 

If you are in the Rowland Heights area and maybe need to do some shopping - stop by this place! 

XX
Kathy

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.