I'M BACK! Turkey Lettuce Wraps

Hello everyone! I cannot believe its been this long since I have posted. Lots of changes in my life - mostly great things! :) Anyhow, I made this delicious, low-carb, meal and I knew I just had to share! You do not miss the carbs and trust me, I'm a carb loving woman! Cooking time is under 30 minutes too!

For 2-3 servings

Ingredients: 
1lb Ground Turkey
1 small onion - diced
2 cloves of garlic - diced
2 tbsp of oyster sauce
1 tsp of soy sauce - season to taste
2 large carrots - shredded
1 cup of broccoli - just the leaves
1 head of lettuce - romaine is best



First step is sautéing your onion and garlic - I like to use a non-stick pan with lots of surface area. Cook until both are translucent. I love the smell of garlic and onions. HEAVEN! 


Second add in the ground turkey - some may suggest removing the cooked garlic and onions but I have always just added meat directly to the pan. Works out fine for me! Please make sure to cook ALL THE WAY THROUGH. If your turkey releases some moisture - I suggest draining it.  

Hey look at me, I'm cooked all the way through! 


Third step adding in your veggies! I like them to have a little texture so I just add it towards the end. Cook for another minute and then add the oyster sauce and soy sauce. Also, salt and pepper to taste!

Oh... where is the lettuce? I'm ready! 


Lastly, place your turkey on your freshly washed lettuce leaves. I like to add sliced jalapeños because everything is better with a little bit of spice! 

Enjoy!
XX
Kathy


Sauce: 
2 large tablespoons of peanut butter - melted in the microwave for 20 secs 
1 table spoon of hoisin 
1 tsp of sesame oil 

Mix up the three ingredients and enjoy! 



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.