Picturesque Singapore


The memory I have engrained is how multicultural Singapore is, definitely the melting-pot of Asia, walking around you are transported to different countries as you casually eavesdrop on conversations in multiple languages, view signs with spellings in Chinese, English, Arabic and Tamil and then the most evident is observing the vibrant faces of this country’s residents. Singaporeans were very forthcoming, informative and helpful during my trip – it seems like they are also enchanted with their country and want to provide a good experience for anyone in their home country. Do not be afraid to ask if you have any questions!

I visited Singapore during the start of their monsoon season so it rained every single day, however, as the locals do, when it rained I just ducked into brick and mortar spots until it subsided. This rain makes Singapore one of the greenest places I have ever traveled too. The iconic structures like the Supertree Grove and Marina Bay Sands did not disappoint but the lesser-explored Singapore Botanic Gardens was the highlight of this trip. The grounds were laced with lush greenery and some of the most striking, luscious flowers I have ever seen in my life.

The instant I landed in Singapore, I jumped on the metro that was by my hotel and visited the Esplanade – in my opinion, has the best view of the downtown skyline and Marina Bay Sands Hotel. This was my best find during all my recent Southeast travels because this venue provided a great city views AND free, live music every single night. Music for me is universal and I seek to locate music that is new and inspiring.  








Though Singapore is comparable to U.S. prices, some of the best foods (and cheapest) can be found at the Hawker Centre’s. I visited five different hawker centres: Old Airport Road, Maxwell, Chinatown Complex, Lau Pa Sat, and Golden Mile. This country is tiny, just 31 miles wide and 17 miles long, but is home to the best variety of foods in the world. I love when cultures blend, it’s like one big buffet for a foodie like me. Chicken Rice, Laksa, Nasi Lemak, and tasty Lor Mee noodles. I ate five square meals a day for seven days, that’s a whole lot of eating!

 




I would love to visit Singapore again one day. Till then, I'll have fond memories of this country. 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.